- Blenheim (28/29 June): There is an Under 12 and 14 trip to Blenheim 28/29 June as per earlier
flyer – kindly advise whether you are participating
by this Wednesday (18 June) please. We have confirmed to Blenheim we are sending teams, and we have booked a bus and paid a deposit on
accommodation at the camp ground. Any players who are not involved with Panpacs – this is an opportunity for games.
- Dunedin (16/17 Aug): We are also in the process of planning a Dunedin weekend trip 16/17 August.
- Otago Water Polo have booked pool space for a tournament at Moana Pool.
- Otago, Southland and probably Queenstown will have teams.
- An early indication as to whether or not you would like to be part of this would be really helpful for our planning.
We require some feedback from all parents relating to trips going to the larger tournaments later in the year:
- Firstly, Nippers Cup 26-28 Sept, Lower Hutt (For u12 and u14 age-groups) approx. cost will be $350. Last year the teams travelled by train,
were billeted, and had a fantastic fun trip.
- AND/OR Under 14 Nationals, Div 1, 13-16 Dec, Wgtn, approx cost will be $650,
- AND Under 16 Nationals, Div 1, 9-12 Oct, Auck, approx cost $700
Could you give a little feedback on your thoughts as to your child's availability, costs etc....We appreciate that in a Panpacs year, it may not be
affordable to attend these North Island national tournaments, but we need you to tell us what you think.
GOLD, SILVER AND BRONZE - They will be available this Saturday for $5 each, they are iron on and are a great recognition of your ability, we would
like to see them on your polo shirt, hoodie or the like... over the coming weeks players will continue to work on their skills and there will be
another testing day in late August, date to be confirmed
Pool time is at a premium at the moment so we must make the most of every opportunity - we will need to be strict with our behaviour at the pool as it
is very difficult to manage large numbers who are mucking about, it is a noisy place and it is hard on the coaches when thay are having to keep asking
people to focus. Please make sure you think about this.....
WELCOME TO 2014! We really hope you all had a relaxing, fun break over Christmas.
We are still in the planning phase for 2014 but have some information that you will all be happy to hear about.....
Training for this Saturday 15 February 2014 as follows -
- This is aimed at all u12 and u14 players, but u16 can come along to help out.
- Jellie Park
- All to arrive at 2.30pm, James to do warm up with some dryland at 2.40pm, then compulsory swim training(at least 10 lengths).
- Then into sports pool on dot of 3.00pm for skills/ practice game.
We have only one hour so there is no time at all for any mucking about. Sorry about the short notice but we have only been advised there is pool space available
last night. This is a free club day for juniors 3.00pm to 4.00pm. Just pay pool entry.
Pool time is at a premium at the moment so we must make the most of every opportunity - we will need to be strict with our behaviour at the pool as it is
very difficult to manage large numbers who are mucking about, it is a noisy place and it is hard on the coaches when thay are having to keep asking people to focus.
Please make sure you think about this.....
Attached is a DRAFT copy of the year ahead for Canterbury ,
NZ polo so you have an idea of when and what may be ahead.
Also attached is Panpacs information. If you would like to be considered you must
register your interest as per the letter. There will be further information in the next week or so.
We look forward to seeing as many of you on Saturday as possible.
We hope to have this regular Saturday slot but I will confirm this.